Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh.
Dear brothers and sisters, hope your all in best health and eeman.
I am writing on behalf of the Al-Noor Independent School Charity to gather your support in helping us to bid for a Muslim state funded school in Redbridge, London. The Al-Noor Independent School charity has served Redbridge for 8 years with a successful independent primary school and we are now insha’Allah intending to bid via competition for a new four form entry school which is due to open on the site of the Ilford Jewish Primary School site in Barkingside. The new school is due to open in September 2011 and will eventually have capacity for 840 primary school places and 52 nursery places. The notice for this bid has been released to the public and press, and the deadline for submission of bids is November 2010.
It is important that we are able to stand together at this time to support and in turn influence an initiative which will benefit the Muslim community greatly. If successful, we will be the first state funded Muslim school in East London and the first Muslim school nationally to have opened a school via the competition route. It would be clear and powerful message that Muslims can come together for a common cause.
We are hopeful that you could use your networkd of friends, family and colleagues to support this bid. With the blessed month of Ramadhan upon us, it is an excellent time for all communities to come and stand together and give in charity. We are not asking for financial assistance but are interested in the valuable support you can give in terms of highlighting this initiative and campaigning alongside us.
Your support would be a morale boost and strong encouragemnt for us.
1. Provide a letter of support from your organisation to the Al-Noor Independent School charity (please address to: 619-625 Green Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, IG3 9RP)
2. Register at the outline petition at http://www.parentsdirect.org
3. Write to the Secretary of State for Education, Michael Gove, and the Shadow Secretary of State forr Education, Ed Balls, from yourselves stating the importance of bringing more Muslim schools into the state sector. Ask them specifically to back the Al-Noor proposal on the grounds of ‘diversity’, ‘parental choice’ and ‘equal opportunity’.
4. Help plan a campaign for collection of signatures for our petition
5. Encourage teachers/Muslim governors to write letters of support for the Al-Noor proposal. These are of particularly important and essential to our bid.